[Harp-L] Small amps and gigs

I keep on telling my guitarist that we could do small to small/medium gigs with 5 watt amps.

The set up we use at rehearsals is Harp 5 watt amp, Guitar 5 watt amp, Bass 25 watt amp and drums.
I am using a HarpGear 5F1 and he has an Epiphone Valve Jr.

My belief is that this set up is big enough to do small gigs and that for medium size venues we could just boost the amps in the PA for the extra fill to the room.
The guitarist and drummer are a little sceptical, however the guitarist is keen to try it out!

Can anybody confirm this? Does anyone do this?

I have heard that Helge Tallqvist does this, and others as well?

Paul