[Harp-L] Re: Jason Ricci covers...

"MUSICIANS:Jason Ricci: Vocals, Harmonica & Nose FluteShawn Starsky: Guitar & Back Up VocalsTodd ?Buck Weed? Edmunds: Bass, Clavinet, Hells Bells & Back Up VocalsRon Sutton: Drums & Back Up Vocals
ADDITIONAL MUSICIAN:Michael Peloquin: Tenor Sax (Track 4 "Dodecahedrom")

"Nose Flute"???

Is "Dodecahedrom" a typo or am I missing a wordplay?

Obscure instruments and possible typos be damned, I *need* this CD now.  Anyone know if copies are available at his/their shows?  They're playing St. Louis next week and I'll definitely be there.

Thanks,
Jonathan"

Good catch on the typo; it should say "Dodecahedron".  And yes, Jason plays a very crazy nose flute solo on the title track, "Rocket Number 9".  That whole song is insane, as some of you will know from the live performances.  As for availability, I think Jason can sell it at his shows after the official release date of 10/23.  You will be just in time at the St. Louis show on 10/24!

Back to the original topic, I think we'll start to hear more and more Ricci covers after this album launches and also after the second Rockers in the Rockies seminar (this weekend, aieeee!!!), since more harp players will start to understand the techniques he uses.    Personally, I have devoted the rest of my life to playing "Sonja".  I don't have the speed or effects pedals to even attempt most of his material.

Jonathan Metts