Re: [Harp-L] jason ricci's disc

I love the CD on the whole...the arrangements, solos,
and song writing are great.  However, at anything
other then conservative volumes, the reverb/delay
really blurs the recording. It makes the harp weak in
the mix.

I ran right to my best sound system and cranked it up.
 Kind of a let down.  That CD should be blasted all
over the place.  The time effects are just too much in
the mix.  So as long as I keep the volume down, it
sounds fantastic. In all the times I've seen the band,
heard their other work, listened to them on
Archive.org, or watched them on YouTube, I had never
noticed that much echo and bounce back.

I loved the liner notes, especially Brad's
contributions.  I also thought the cover art was great
and really felt with the overall feel of the album.

This is by far the band's best work in terms of
writing and delivering.  Definetly not a "blues"
album...especially when compared to his other CDs.
This is easily my favorite recording of Jason's.
Every part of the band rocked perfectly.