Re: [Harp-L] Hearing Loss

Dr. Michael Seidman has had impressive results slowing and reversing age related hearing loss with
the use of acetyl-l-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid. The two supplements, in combination with one another,
have been a hot topic lately in the life extension community. They appear to slow the aging process and
dramatically reduce oxidative stress, as well as a host of other impressive things that I won't get into here.
The doctor pubilished a book on the subject in 06, and will be featured in LEF magazines November issue.
I've looked at the studies (done mostly on rats, not humans, unfortunately) and they are impressive. If they
translate to humans, I think every musician who spends time around loud music should start taking the stuff.

Mark