Re: [Harp-L] LOWER VOLUME FOR LIVE MUSIC

Reminds me of a gig where a guy sat in front of our p.a. for the whole set. During the break we found out he was profoundly deaf and wanted to feel the music. Jim the B.

That is extremely moving. In fact it may explain the guy with his head in the horn, though he looked like an irresponsible head banger, so we just presumed he was trying to make himself deaf, not that he already was.

There's something I didn't mention about the Plasmatics gig. It was so loud that the friend I brought tried to shout something straight into my ear and I still couldn't hear him. After two tries he yanked me away from where I was standing. His eyes were big and quite alarmed. I turned to see what he was looking at, and became alarmed myself.

A guy had a big nasty knife out at arm's length and he was spinning in a circle, his way of celebrating the joy of the Plasmatics. There was a great deal of blood as this moron cut people while he performed what he assumed was a socially acceptible punk dance. The biggest bouncers in the place didn't want to get too close, but he finally slipped on blood on the ground. I learned later that thought several people had been injured nobody was actually killed, at least nobody worth mentioning.

We left at once. My friend told me that the guy came within an inch of my neck twice, and the second time my friend may have even saved my life, and I like to think of myself as someone worth mentioning.

Nowadays I prefer acoustic shows where, if someone is whipping a knife around you can actually hear the warnings.

Schmucks with knives: yet another reason to tone it down. -K