Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Polka - looking for a great harmonica polka song.

I might recommend one of the most popular polkas of all time, the Jenny
Lind Polka, first published in 1846 by Allen Dodworth. It was named for
the famous "Swedish Nightingale," operatic soprano Jenny Lind. She
became of the first international musical stars under the management of
P. T. Barnum and her name was used to sell all sorts of products.

The Jenny Lind Polka has been recorded under many names and in many
variants, including this harmonica version recorded by Louis Blanchette
on tremolo harmonica with piano accompaniment in Montreal in 1938:

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/obj/m2/f7/14034.mp3

For additional discographical information:

http://amicus.collectionscanada.ca/gramophone-bin/Main/ItemDisplay?l=0&l_ef_l=0&id=&v=1&lvl=1&coll=24&rt=1&itm=31395070&rsn=S_WWWeaaV2JS3V&all=1&dt=NW+|Blanchette,|+AND+|Louis,|+AND+|1905-1969|&spi=-&rp=2&vo=1

Winslow