Re: [Harp-L] Small amps and gigs

If you use an amp modeler like a Line 6 POD or a Digitech RP, you've got a device that's several times smaller and lighter than any amp currently available, and you can plug it into the PA and set it as loud or soft as required.

At this point, there are bands touring who use nothing but PODs onstage for all the players--guitars, bass, whatever. It's certainly a viable approach for most players.

That said, for straight blues gigs I bring my 5 Watt Ron Holmes-modified Crate VC508 as well as the Digitech RP200. The Holmes modification puts the line-out after the amp section of the Crate (as opposed to the typical line-out, which follows the pre-amp section), so if I need to take it to the PA for more volume, I don't sacrifice tone.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter