Re: [Harp-L] What's the best octave pedal out there?

Hi Dennis!

       I have found the low-end ZOOM pedals are decent for their octave effect!  I have had a Zoom H-4 and currently use a GFX-1.  The other effects are dicey for harp, but the octaver works pretty good.  There are settings for split octaves, up a third, down a half; up one, down one ... down one ... you get the point!  Whatever pedal you use ... it would be a good idea to have the input modded to a 5k-ohm resistance, a la Ron Holmes, before using it to plug directly into,
  OR (cheap, fast, good!) use the effects send and return on a small mixer to do that.  I hope this helps!

  Happy Times! - Craig

  P.S. If money is no object ... check out the P.O.G. by Electro-Harmonix!
  MOOG Moogerfugger!  Drool, drool, drool ... splat!

dennis moriarty <dmoriarty@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Both expensive and relatively inexpensive recommendations please.
Simplicity is always welcome. Something that does not affect the
organic tone of the amp (in my case a Kinder Soulful) and mike (in my
case a Steve Warner Thunderharp mike) much if at all. I've had lots
of experiences with various delays but I'm octave splitter (I think
that's the term) naive. Thank you. dennis

http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues