Re: [Harp-L] What's the best octave pedal out there?

Craig Klein wrote:
<I have found the low-end ZOOM pedals are decent for their octave <effect! I have had a Zoom H-4 and currently use a GFX-1.

It's not clear from this message, but may be useful for some folks to know, that the Zoom H4 has the same effects built into it that come with the Zoom G2 amp modeler pedal. Yes, friends, your handy little recorder is also a full blown effects processor. Who knew, other than people who like to read manuals?

The operator interface on the H4 isn't exactly convenient for performing, but it's nice to have all that stuff inside for messing with your recordings.

I owned a Zoom G1 briefly, long enough to get some decent sounds out of it. I don't recall that I found an octave divider on it, but it may have one. Anyway, I agree with Craig that the Zoom pedals sound good. They're competitively priced too, and--unlike PODS and Digitech RPs--they will run for hours and hours on a set of AA batteries. That last point may be important for some folks.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter