[Harp-L] Re: Get a career!

Michael Rubin wrote:
  "....... I can't tell you how often  someone will ask me what I do and then say, "but what do you do for a  LIVING?"

  Any person who is old enough to be enebriated and doesn't recognise a Stones T-shirt has NO credibility!

  A lot of musicians I know, know more about LIVING than earning a living.  I'm jealous - workin' for the man is a real constraint.

  Watching my boy's trio get invited to join Riley Lee, Grand Master of the Shakuhachi (traditional Japanese Bamboo Flute) on stage at the local Nara Candle Festival in front of 5000 people (unrehearsed and unplanned - they only met backstage just before Ricky went on, but had their gear onstage as they were the next act) was a huge buzz.  That is LIVING.  They got $50 for the gig!

  And its better than being a painter - they've got to be dead before their worth anything!

  Cheers

  Maka

Feel safe with award winning spam protection on Yahoo!7 Mail. Find out more.