Re: [Harp-L] positions??

No. On a C harp: C is first, G is 2nd, D is 3rd, A is 4th, E is 5th, B is 6th, .......the relationship is fifths, or fourths moving in the opposite direction.
You may find some contradiction in older books, when only four positions were discussed. The first three remained the same but fourth was assumed to mean E. This was to do with custom (which position was most commonly played) rather than reflecting musical theory.
If you are in beginners territory, I wouldn't get too hung up on anything beyond positions 1,2,3,4 & 5, and I'd get pretty comfortable with 1 & 2 before I messed my head with the others anyhow.
The cycle of 5ths/4ths is worth knowing by heart; it tells you what harp plays in which keys, and contains a lot of other useful infomation.
Cheers,
RD

>>> <TomEHarp@xxxxxxx> 23/10/2007 10:56 >>>
c is 1st f is 2nd Bb is 3rd A is forth d is 5th g is 6th   do i have that
right.