RE: [Harp-L] New website: Spiral Tuning

Well, that's a chromatic, so things get a little more complex. But I
like it, and I can hear some different possibilities. I'd be looking at
the harmonic possibilities in spiral, pretty much as you mention here,
James. That's very good, and very nice to hear. Thanks for that!
RD

>>> James Conway <harp3333@xxxxxxxxxxx> 23/10/2007 14:43 >>>

I tuned up a D Hering 12-hole chromatic to a Spiral tuning(also known
in the Seydel world as Circular tuning) in order to play harmonies in
3rds and 5ths on this slow reel in E minor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6DzvxCdoY

cheers,
James

www.jamesconway.net

----------------------------------------> From:
rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:02:01 +1000> To:
harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; funharp@xxxxxx> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] New website:
Spiral Tuning> CC:>> Hmm...I listened to the sound samples; no
inducements to try this tuning> as far as my ears can stretch. Spiral
appears to me to reduce the> bending palette to semitones only, for one
thing. Other than that I'd> have to try one myself. There appears to be
more than one tuning> here,(ie minors, natural & harmonic) but I don't
hear anything that is> remarkably different from anything that come be
done on any of the easy> to get over-the-counter tunings. If someone
wants to give me one I'd> have a crack at it, but there's no way I'm
going to get busy filing> reeds.> RD>>>>> funharp  22/10/2007 18:03>>>>
Hi all,>> there is a new website dedicated to the Spiral Tuning from our
german> friend Heiner KrÃger.>> It's only in german language now, but I
think an english version will> follow soon.>> Nevertheless, have a look,
it's quite interesting and there are also> some audio files to
demonstrate the possibilities of a spiral tuned> harp.>> Here it is:>
www.bluesharmonica.de>> Enjoy!>> Greetings,>> Otto>>>