Re: [Harp-L] Dylan v Popper

To be frank, some of that fast stuff up the top and of the harp that Popper does (and his disciples too) sounds to me like a polished up version of the Dylan approach: a lot of disorganised fangin'.
I repeat: I love Dylan; his harp playing doesn't bother me one way or the other. Discussing it at any length is about as meaningful as trying to read the future in chicken entrails.
RD

>>> "jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx> 25/10/2007 9:21 >>>
Personally I'd rather listen to Bob play the harp.   Try his Manchester Trade Hall concerts where
he played frequent and lengthy solos.   They may be clumsy but they're full of feeling and soulful expression.