[Harp-L] newbie thanks

Wow - lots of stuff to think about. First, thanks so much for the amazing information. It's a little overwhelming the amount of options, but overwhelming in a good way.

So originally, I thought there wasn't much else besides straight ol' diatonic and chromatic - ha! The possibility of alternate tunings is very illuminating. I think the idea of country, diminished tunings and the circular harmonica are really fascinating. Also the idea of a hands-free chromatic. I think it's very cool that players can tweak their instruments and come up with great innovations. It reminds me of how amateur astronomers can influence that field of science.

I love having the abiltiy to play with a rack. I have a full-time job and am father to a young'un - so you can imagine how little time I have for music. I usually practice mandolin and guitar late at night when everyone's asleep. But last night, I was doing the dishes, rack around my neck, playing the harmonica. I'm sure more concentrated practice will be required in the future, but I was just trying to get some good single notes. I don't think the dishes came out too clean though.

Then I hit a bend on the in-4 and the rest of the night was over. I sat on the couch with a chromatic tuner in my hand trying to coax various bends out of the thing. The easiest for me to pull out was the in-1. I got a couple notes out of in-2. I could get the Ab and Bb out of 3 but the A was too shy. There was a lot of honking going on and some nice notes as well.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun.

Best,
Sam