[Harp-L] New Richard Hunter piece on Broadjam.com

Hi all,

I've released my latest recording, "Lever Down (Remix)" via Broadjam.com. This piece is a completely revised version of the B side of my first 45 RPM vinyl single, originally released in 1982.

This version is very dance-oriented, with big drums, and features a lot of electronica-style recording techniques (e.g. "stutter" edits, fast filter sweeps, etc.). All parts were newly recorded; those familiar with the original (also on Broadjam under the title "Put the Lever Down" will recognise that I recreated many of the original parts (and put some heavy electronics on a few of them, too).

Harmonica technical notes: All harmonica and guitar (actually electric strumstick) parts were recorded via the Line 6 UX2 audio interface, which includes a software amp and effects farm called "Gearbox". It's amazing how much the harmonica parts sound like the 1982 versions, which were recorded with a mic in front of a vintage Fender Champ amp (that was retrieved from somebody's garbage on a sidewalk in Cambridge, Massachusetts; friends don't let friends put vintage Fender Champs out with the trash) and a Boss BF-2 flanger pedal. The 1982 recording was done in a total of 5 hours in the studio, from first note to finished mix. This version took a whole lot longer, but there's a whole lot more going on in it.

As with a lot of my work, this isn't a blues, but there's a lot of blues in it.

You can hear it at:
 http://broadjam.com/rhunter

Enjoy!

Regards, Richard Hunter