[Harp-L] Re: Help with rattling sound on 8 draw

Yesterday I started hearing a metallic rattling of the reed when drawing
from hole 8. .........Is it possible that something is wrong with my embouchure,
or is it a problem with the reed that I can fix?

  It's probably an alignment problem. You can plink around on it, just be careful. Since it's not seizing, it's only out of alignment slightly. Give it some playing time and it should take care of it. When that reed hits the wall of the slot, it pushes against the slot, so the simplest thing would be to try to get the reed to push itself back in alignment. Do that by playing the draw chord up there, try playing it with varying pressure, play it and try to bend it a little. Just play it the 8 draw different ways. Try to fix it that way before you poke around with the reed. It's safer and it will probably work.