[Harp-L] Something new about the Paddy Richter tuning

Dave Payne (Sr.) wrote;
>the only thing missing on a C harp to play in A minor is a low octave anchor to the A minor scale, so you don't have to bend deep for the ''Do"" I tuned the 3 blow up to A. Now, the A minor scale starts at 3 blow, so you can dip below that. I take a C harp, retune one reed and it's an excellent A minor.

Dave,
another trick is to also swap (or retune) the reeds in the 7 hole.
"7 blow" now gives you a B & "7 draw" a C.
The main advantages are added chords ;

on the blow
Am7 (3,4,5,6=A-C-E-G)
Em (5,6,7 =E,G,B,)

on the draw
Dm7 (4,5,6,7 =D-F-A-C)
F6    (5,6,7,8 =F-A-C-D)

I use this tuning on 'Shady Grove'
hope this helps
mÔx

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=QDYZ1rmzJ38

--
It has removed 3134 spam emails to date.