Re: [Harp-L] Dylan (and positions)

Also...  "Good"?
One might first define "goodness" and see if Dylan measures up to the
definition.
Dylan has seldom been about technical prowess with any instrument as
his emphasis has always been on behalf of "the song", that is, the
unity that comes about from lyrics, vocal delivery and musical
accompaniment.
People also take him to task for his vocals, his guitar chops, but as
one frequently complimented on singing and playing, I can tell you
Dylan was the one made me want to learn how to do it all.
Before I could sing without my voice cracking, being as it was only
recently to the "good" side of puberty, I could feel the energy of
Dylan's body of work drawing me in to sing, to write, to play guitar,
to play the harp.
I can sing now, play the guitar, play the harmonica and write songs,
but I have yet to get anywhere near him in his real element, lyrical
prowess.
Brad Trainham