[Harp-L] re: how much do you need to hear yourself while gigging

Hi guys,
   When I'm gigging I like to put the amp ( I play through 30 watts usually) about 6' to 8' in back of me and tilt it up slightly in the bottom tray of my road case. This gives me the projection that I need to hear the amp.   If I just sit the amp down in back of me, the sound from the amp really just blasts out at about knee level. Now.............if you've got a 410 amp, you're pushing a lot of air and you MAY not need to tilt the amp back.
Fender used to put tilt back legs on a lot of their amps that were exactly for the porpoise that I just described.  You can order those tilt-back legs on line just about anywhere or even ebay.
My point is................you really need to hear yourself while you're gigging and putting your harp through the monitors is always dicey because of feedback issues.  So..... try tilting your amp back or get a bigger amp.   I love the way smaller amps sound (cause you can drive them harder) but they just don't seem to cut it in a club situation.
Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski
www.myspace.com/harpwezo
www.bluesworldorder.net