Re: [Harp-L] position

Hey Tom,
               Dunno what song you're talking about, but F# on an A harp is just the natural minor of first position, like playing in A on a C harp. Not something I would usually choose for a blues, but not as hard as some of the more 'far out' positions.
               I'd usually use this position on stuff with minor chords, more old-world European stuff like "God rest ye merry gentleman' 'Greensleeves' and 'Anniversary song'
               It's 'fourth' position in current day harp-speak, and your keynote is either a whole-tone draw bend on 3, or a draw on 6 or 10.
               When you blow a chord, you are getting the minor 3rd (holes 1, 4, 7, 10)  the 5th ( holes 2, 5, 8) and the b7th ( holes 3, 6, 9)
               When you draw, you get the 4th (holes 1, 4, 8) the b7th (hole 2) the 9th holes 3, 6) the root or 1st( holes 6 , 10,) and last, and the one thats going to mess you up unless you're on the ball, the #5, on holes 5 and 9.
 RD
>>> <tomeharp@xxxxxxx> 29/10/2007 22:45 >>>
little walter playes n a harp when the song was in f#,that is a flat th
position???????????????? anybodt know the tne he did that??

tommy x
harps and sax