From: Michael Peloquin <peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:46:15 AM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Blues scale (All you can eat theory served all night)

Earthquake sez:

For my esteemed colleague Mr Brooks-
There is more than one "blues" scale. The one that I will divulge, free of
charge to y'all is this one:
More of a major sound, very ueful in R & B, Pop, Country, Swing Blues
Over a C, C7, C6:

C D Eb E G A C

1 b3 3 5 6 1

this scale is a mode (same notes, new starting place) of the traditional
(more minor sounding) blues scale
on the releatve minor (6th degree/note) of C:
play over A7, Amin, Amin7
A C D Eb E G A

All you can eat theory served all night at a website or listserve near you!
Harp players need to eat more of this stuff for a healthy musical life.

Michael Peloquin
http://www.harpsax.com
http://www.myspace.com/harpsax