Re: [Harp-L] Pentatonic scales (All you can eat theory served all night)

Michael Peloquin wrote:

> BTW -- I hope some of us don't perceive this as nit-picking, but:
> scales are 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 in ARABIC numerals
> not
> I II III IV V VI VII in ROMAN numerals
> Roman numerals are usually reserved for chords, and they take more
> thought & time to type!!!
> (It all sounds the same when you you SAY it though!)

An additional nitpick...

In a major scale, the II, III and VI are minor, so they are written in
lower case to distinguish that.

I ii iii IV V vi

I don't recall what is used to distinguish the diminished VII.

--
David Jacoby    jacoby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Purdue Genomics Facility