[Harp-L] Hohner prewar question

I've got this MArine Band that has the prewar front cover with the larger portrait of M-Daddy Hohner, but the back is a postwar-like cover with the hands holding an empty circle. My first thought was it was made either during the transition period where they were using odds and ends left laying around of the prewar coverplate, or there was a transition period and the prewar front cover continued after the war for a while.   Folks who know more than I have been telling me it's a prewar that had a rear coverplate changed after it was purchased. I wasn't too sure about that then. Now, I beleive it even less, because I saw another one just like it today.

  Anybody know anything about these? I'd like to be able to put a time period on that harp. It's an excellent harp, of prewar quality.

Dave Payne Sr.
Journalist and writer
1114 Charles St.
Parkersburg, WV 26101