To: <IcemanLE@xxxxxxx>; <wasabileo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Peggy

Actually, Peggy Lee did not write the song "Fever". The credited
composers are John Davenport and Eddie Cooley.

She heard someone else singing it in Las Vegas and picked it up.

The story of the confused tale of authorship - which does not involve
Peggy Lee but does involve Otis Blackwell - can be found here:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=3496

Peggy Lee was a gifted songwriter but this one was a cover.

Winslow