Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Popper-esque phenom

---- Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
See, here's the deal. We don't know how much time, effort, and
dedication it take a musician to reach a certain level. Some get
there faster than others. But it STILL takes time. These are the
precious moments, (hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, sic)
of that persons life. These are moments that the person has invested
and will NEVER get back. You can't RE spend time. Ergo, time
becomes....LIFE....living breathing life.

And therein lies the rub.... sure, we all have opinions about someone else's playing. We like it, we don't like it. It doesn't matter.  It's opinions. It's like assholes, everyone has one.  Take opinions for what they are worth...
  Personally, I spent 20 years learning what someone like 13-year-old LD Miller learned probably in 20 minutes. Seriously.   LD can play way better than me. So can hundreds of others. Do they derive more satisfaction from their playing? I doubt it.
  I earned every wobbly insecure note that I play. I'm proud of every little step forward that I make. Some people won't like my playing. I'll feel bad about that, but it drives me to play better.
Opinions are good and it's fine to post them, in my own opinion.
  Go ahead, tell me I suck. You are probably right. But I'll keep on keepin' on. As should everyone.
Steve (formerly moandabluz) Webb
a fool for the harp in Minnesota
  ( a little inebriated tonight. I just returned from a funeral home where the drummer in the first band I ever played in was laid to rest. We had a couple in his honor)..