Re: [Harp-L] Mic ID

The Eelectro Voice M43/U Dynamic Microphone was recommended by Recording
Magazine as one the five best microphones under $100. I don't know why, as
it pretty much sucks. It has a really odd tone that I find annoying.

However, this mic gets points for coolness. It is a green government-issue
voice microphone used in tanks or Bradley Fighting Vehicles or something. It
is very solidly built of steel, and is about half the size of a typical
bullet mic. It resembles the EV 605 mic, which has been popular with some
harp players for decades. I'm thinking of trying a different element, since
I like the small body and funky look. Cost: about $50.00

UPDATE: I had Greg Heuman at http://www.blowsmeaway.com/ shoehorn a Shure CM
element into this mic body and it is now my favorite mic. The tone is
killin'.

http://dirtyjacks.blogspot.com/2006/09/gear-review-of-blues-harp-microphones.html