[Harp-L] Criticisim thread & meta discussions

I'm closing this topic.  It's a discussion about having discussions.  We
have content guidelines and a way of interpreting and applying those
guidelines.  I think way back at the very first couple of posts this
thread was marginally on topic but it quickly strayed.  It has become a
meta discussion.  For an explanation of what I mean by that follow this
url.

 http://www.fitz-claridge.com/node/18

One of the biggest differences between the current administration of
harp-l and the previous ones is we generally do not allow meta discussions
to occur on the list itself.  This particular discusion also had some
strong opinions and an edge.  Some posts were not allowed to see the light
of day. That is true of more than one person's posts involved in the
discussion.

Finally I'd like to explain that decisions involving content on harp-l are
made by a committe of two.  I'm sorry this discussion went on as long as
it did even though I myself found the topic intersting it isn't for here
in its current format.  Thanks, on behalf of the harp-l team fjm harp-l
listowner