[Harp-L] out of the box just intonation

You said you do music therapy at a mental
ward, all Hering 10 hole diatonics are tuned just except for the Black Blues,
Hering Blues for plastic comb and the Master Blues for a wood comb, and comment
please on the Hering diatonics.

http://patmissin.com/tunings/tun6.html

http://www.heringusa.com/catalog/catalog.asp?s=1&m=2

http://www.harphouse.com/shop/category.asp?catid=75

Granted that Hering changes itʼs models all
the time, this is what I was able to find.

JI = Just Intonation, ET = Equal
Temperaent, DNS = does not say, ABS = plastic comb, Wood = wood comb

Super Gig 20 DNS ABS

Vintage 1923 JI wood

Golden Blues DNS ABS

Black Blues JI ABS

Free Blues DNS ABS

Master Blues JI ABS

Super 20 ET ABS

Handy Harp DNS ABS

Hering Blues ET ABS

Delta Blues DNS wood

The Super 20 is pretty loud and the Vintage
is a work of art all the way around.  I
have a few of the others that I was unimpressed with.  I canʼt tell you where they came in on the model switching
chart.  I would stick with what Hering
is known for; Just Intonation!  All
Herings come at a good price, but I would stick with the top of the line models
for yourself.  As for your clients,
Hering may just be non-commital about the tuning of their less expensive harps.

Most people will find the just intonation
harps more soothing, if that is what you are looking for in terms of music
therapy.  You can get Blue Steels in equal temperament at
harpdepot.com for $2.50 each if you want to use the shotgun method.