[Harp-L] Re: Subject: Milwaukee and Draft Beer...for SPAH visitors

How did your draft beer taste...those who visited Milwaukee for SPAH?  ;)
(and no, it's nothing to do with me perhaps being a tad OCD, lol).

I knew the water served in Restaurants we visited in Milwaukee tasted  pretty
bad to me, but since I'm not in the least a beer connoisseur I didn't  think
to ask anyone who had beer on tap there for their opinions.  Just  came across
this article:

"Beer lovers, bacteria enjoy a good beer.
Milwaukee  residents love beer, but who knows whether they
might love it  less if they knew how many bacteria they're
getting with their  cold ones.  Brewers say beer lines that
are not cleaned  properly are adding bacteria to draft beer
in many of the city's  hot spots, The Milwaukee
Journal-Sentinel reported Sunday.   Microorganisms like
lactobacillus, a bacteria found in yogurt,  cheese and the
human gastrointestinal tract, are generally not  harmful --
but they can ruin the taste and smell of a $5  beer.  Most
beer should not have any yeast or lactobacillus  in it.
Some states, like Illinois, require that beer lines  be
cleaned at least every two weeks, but Wisconsin has no  such
laws, and health inspectors rarely check under taps,  the
newspaper said."

Hey...maybe  this is why it's the beer that made Milwaukee famous and  might
not be a bad thing at all?   :)

quoted from a site called "THE COFFEE BREAK - Tuesday, September 11,  2007"

(SPAH content (for my synopsis) but not  harp-related.)

Elizabeth