[Harp-L] Re: Maybe August CD

Richard Hunter wrote: (snip)
<<If you want the condensed version, here it is: the band sounds  great,
Selley in particular sounds great, and the harmonica on the CD is  very
fresh and often inspired>>

I snagged a copy of the maybe  august CD "Based On Actual Events" at SPAH a
few weeks ago and have been  listening to it a lot. I have to agree with
Richard Hunter. Rosco's harp on this  album is outstanding --fresh ideas played by
turns with power and  finesse. Rosco will tell you that this is not a harmonica
album and I guess it's  not in the traditional sense but there's harp on
every track except for one, I  think. If you want to hear some fine diatonic harp
that is not blues but  very big and edgy and musical, this is a great CD to
check out. The whole  band is excellent on this recording. Killer vocals and
harmony, great  instrumentalists and original tunes that sound as good as any
modern-alt-indie rock that I've heard out there. Definitely deserving of wider
recognition and air play. Peloquin plays sax on some of the tracks too. Great
stuff.

t. albanese