[Harp-L] and now for something completely diffewrent

Okay, time for my semi-annual dumb tech question; I see many references to "impedance matching, impedance transformers", high /low etc. Technically, i am as dumb as a bag of hammers, so humor me a bit. On the rare occasions that i play out anymore, i use either a Sure545s or an old Sure 533 variant right into the board or  directly into my little amp.
  The question is ,of course, what ,if anything, am i doing wrong? I have to admit that it sounds okay to me , but of course i am biased. In other words, what goes with what? Should i be doing something different?
                                Mike