[Harp-L] Blazing harmonica cd

... I was looking for harmonica stuff on cdbaby and ran into this great cd.
At first I thought it was a kind of best of harmonica jazz but then I read the text and understood it's from a guy called david herzaft ... never heard of him before ... must come from europe or canada cause it's written in two languages. I don't know if it's a new or old cd ... I found it a bit pricy but as it advertised 2 cds, howard levy on it and I liked the samples I finally bought it.
Just got it yesterday put it in the player and listen ... ultra impressive stuff. First the cd package is really nice and classy and justify a part of the price. Then howard plays a fantastic solo on a night in tunisia ... maaaan ! .. I have lots of howard's stuff but this solo is something ... they also play 4/4 and great stuff together on another tune. So there's 2 cds, the first one I'd say is jazz funk or jazz fusion with very nice (modern) arrangements of jazz standards, the other is really acoustic and begins with a mind-blowing version of a paganani tune I think it's violin stuff I don't know the original tune but on the harmonica it sounds hot. nice originals too a very pretty waltz and an impressive solo on impressions.

Well the guy seems to overblow a lot but I can't tell much as I don't very well ... A very good surprise indeed.

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/