[Harp-L] jason and terra and online friends

went to see jason ricci and new blood at terra blues in nyc last night.
they were awesome, as usual.  but that's not what i want to talk about.

it felt a little odd when i went there.  my brother usually goes with me, but
he was out of town.  a colleague was going to try to come, but it didn't seem
likely.  another friend had been unable to get off work.  nobody else could make
it (admittedly, a thursday night show from 10 - 3 is hard to fit into most peoples'
schedules).  so i went on my own, even though it felt kinda weird.

but then a cool thing happened.  no sooner had i walked in the door when i ran
into warren b, who was chatting with buckweed.  when he came to sit at the
table next to mine, he had another list member, mark (?) from connecticut,
along with another friend of his.  we had a nice time talking shop 'til the show
began.  at some point the manager came over to say hello.  then, after the
show started, someone came up behind me and gave me a hug.  it was mary,
another JRNB fan and friend from philadelphia.  shortly after that, elizabeth
(also from this list) showed up.

all of the sudden i wasn't there alone, but surrounded by friends, most of them
from this list.  we came from new jersey, new york, connecticut, philadelphia,
some by train, some by car.  it was the band that brought us there.  but it was
this list that brought us together.  and that's pretty cool.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.