Re: [Harp-L] Questions about Audix Fireball / Audix Fireball V

Bullfrog wrote:
<I have the original Fireball, which was modified for me, by Audix.
<They changed the bass response to match the newer model.  I use it for
<clean harp and chromatic.  I really like it and sing through it, with
<the band.

Please note that the Fireball (with the new V element) works very well for amped sounds too.

The harp parts for my piece "In The Night," which can be heard at http://broadjam.com/rhunter, were recorded using a Fireball (original model upgraded to V element) into a Digitech RP200.  It's a pretty hard-edged sound.

Because the Fireball can go a lot louder than most mics before feeding back, you need to turn the gain on your amp up more than you would for a JT30 or Green Bullet mic.  Once you do that, the Fireball will sound very big and raunchy indeed.

Regards, Richard Hunter