Re: [Harp-L] Re: Temperments of other instruments

I was under the impression that pianos are not tuned strictly 12 ET. We do have a piano tuner on the list perhaps he could comment? My subjective hearing of pianos is that they can and do sound dreadful in the wrong key. Another thought regarding harmonicas is that until relatively recently they were employed in ways that exploited their 7 limit JI tuning scheme. Was the Golden Melody a reaction to a perceived need? I can't imagine that I was the only person ever to write Hohner and ask why the 5 and 9 draw were so dreadfully flat of the tonic. fjm