Re: [Harp-L] re545

A few years ago, list member Frank Zane sent me a couple of rubber rings that fit right into the gap between that loose head and the body of the 545. It seemed to work quite well, but I never quite got used to using the mic.
FYI, if anyone is really really interested in buying a vintage 545, still with pistol grip attached and in great working condition... :).   I bought it years ago from a list member. It's been modified so all you have to do is plug a guitar cord into the bottom of the grip. Off/on switch still works.  I am now using a JT30, put together by Mr. Microphone,  and sometimes a Green Bullet.. and never play the 545 any more.
Email offlist if you have serious interest. It's just gathering dust in my closet.
 Steve Webb
a fool for the harp in Minnesota