[Harp-L] fast or slow playing?

Does it really matter what comes out of someone, musically?  Apparently it
bothers those who LISTEN TO IT!

I'm not too fond of the real fast playing that doesn't have those slower gut
bucket bends adding that souful tone, but if it made John Popper enough
money to buy the surgery to save his life, well, that's ok with me.  I saw
him on a Dolly Parton Christmas special about 6-7 years ago and he played
slow and was in tone heaven to my ears.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching and
listening to that show.

I do, however, draw the line with a young budding rapper who grabs his
crotch and a harp, simultaneously, and proceeds to call women "bitches and
ho's" all the while making a mockery of the instrument.  I think we're all
in agreement there.

*Personally, I'm a pan-gut harpist, if it pans out in my gut then it's fine
with me.*

I was working in an electronic repair shop in Long Beach, CA during the LA
riots and I was only 4 miles away from the Long Beach DMV that was ransacked
and burnt to the ground.    Dang right I was nervous!

So, as the fine upstanding citizen, Rodney King, so eloquently said, "Can't
we all just get along?"
good day all!
--
steve