Re: [Harp-L] Gary Primich

Last summer I went to an Austin HOOT (Harmonica Organization Of
Texas) meeting where Gary was presenting a seminar.  Just his
basic "this is how I do it" stuff, very interesting.  I was
surprised to learn that Gary tongue blocked, but couldn't tongue
block bend, so he switched to pucker for the bends.  I was also
surprised at the repertoire of jazz, folk and country songs he
displayed.

At the end of the presentation while we were milling around, Gary
came over to me and said, "I hear you're a pretty good harp player;
let me hear you do something."  He grabbed up Dan Ruppa's guitar and
started chording a little swing piece, while Dale Spalding joined in
with the lyrics to Louis Jordan's "Knock Me a Kiss".  There I was,
soloing along while Gary Primich muled my guitar.  What an
experience!  We had a blast.

I know he fell on some hard times, and had struggled through them.
Seemed like he was hanging in there okay.  I'm gonna miss Gary.

-tim