[Harp-L] playing direct to PA

Hi
  I have been using vocal mics directly to house PA systems for the past few years - usually just playing through the same mic I sing to. Last night I used my (recently aquired) Audix Fireball V - also, direct to the PA. The results were quite satisfying. I generally favor a fairly "clean" sound for harp, rather then the tube-amp overdrive style, and the Fireball gave me a nice crisp biting sound, at a nice level, without a hint of feedback when tightly cupped. I think I may stay with this mic for a while now.
  ( Needless to say I have no affiliation  with Audix, or any interest in promoting them, just passing on an experience in the ongoing quest for harmonica sound perfection )

Dov Hammer
www.dovhammer.com
www.myspace.com/dovhammer

Got a little couch potato?