the shape and size of the room. Rooms like that need good mics to record. The mini stereo mic that came with the
recorder would have never worked in there. The sound would have been too muddy.

mike

On Sep 25, 2007, at 4:40 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 13
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:08:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] 24 bit JRNB show on archive
To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx

thanks to mike easton, there's a new recording of
jason ricci's 9/14/07 show at Kclinger's in Hanover, PA.

http://www.archive.org/details/jrnb2007-09-14.flac24

what's interesting about this one is that he made it as a
24 bit recording on a MicroTrack 24/96, using very nice mics.
so it might be interesting for the audio purists to see how
it sounds, compared to the lower end stuff that i use for a
lot of the other JRNB shows.  i don't have 24 bit ears anymore,
but it sounds pretty nice to me.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.