[Harp-L] changing tubes in harp amps

Now that I have sold my sonny amp, I am contemplating other harmonica boutique amps.

Until I do this, I am fixing up my other two amps and have a question if someone would be kind enough to illuminate me.

I own a BLUES DEVILLE and a PEAVY CLASSIC 30

PROBLEM #12---The BLUES DEVILLE is soooo loud, I cannot turn it up past "1".
My amp guy here in Miami told me told to do the following
---change the front tube to a 12AY7
---change the last tube (near the power tubes) to a 12 AT7

IS THIS CORRECT? Is there anything else I can do?

PROBLEM #2---The peavy is not that loud, but feedbacks easily when i crank it. Not sure what to do with the tubes or anything else with this.

I know I can get a Kinder box (thanks dennis gruenling for that suggestion!!!!!!) but want to make sure the amp is as good as I can make them in the meantime before i commit to buying a boutique harp amp.

Any advice from the professionals would make me feel exalted.

thanks,

randy singer

http://www.randysinger.com

http://www.randyandnatasha.com

> The 12 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Leadership by Brian Tracy
>
> 1. The law of integrity: Great business leadership is characterized by
> honesty, truthfulness and straight dealing with every person, under all circumstances.
>
> 2. The law of courage: The ability to make decisions and act boldly in
> the face of setbacks and adversity is the key to greatness in leadership.
>
> 3. The law of realism: Leaders deal with the world as it is, not as they
>wish it would be.
>
> 4. The law of power: Power gravitates to the person who can use it most
> effectively to get the desired results.
>
> 5. The Law of Ambition: Leaders have an intense desire to lead; they
> have a clear vision of a better future, which they are determined to realize.
>
> 6. The Law of Optimism: The true leader radiates the confidence that all
difficulties can be overcome and all goals can be attained.

> 7. The Law of Empathy: Leaders are sensitive to and aware of the needs,
> feelings and motivations of their people.
>
> 8. The Law of Resilience: Leaders bounce back from the inevitable
setbacks disappointments and temporary failures experienced in the attainment of any worthwhile goal.