[Harp-L] In Praise Of Stevie

    I just happened to look over an old thread and
felt compelled to share what a very well-established
composer told me when I asked him if he'd ever heard
Stevie (Wonder)'s version of "Alfie". He said,  "I saw
him do it at the Hollywood Bowl and it was like
watching Jascha Heifetz." That pretty much took my
breath away. I totally got the immensity of that
compliment : a consummate virtuoso who plays
effortlessly with tremendous feeling sprinkling
surprises in with great power.
    We may never get there but it's a beautiful light
at the end of that tunnel.

                      Chris "Hammer" Smith

Chris "Hammer" Smith
Hammer Smith Band