[Harp-L] harp suppliers and shipping costs

I spent 5 days next to Rupert in Milwaukee a few weeks ago and he is EXACTLY as advertised. Rupert works his behind off to satisfy everyone, over and above the call of duty. Keep it up Rupert!!!!!

As for others, myself included........well.......... I don't want to speak for anyone but me, there just aren't enough hours in the day to get all of the things that need to get done. I'm sure that what you are experiencing if very frustrating and to the consumer, it feels like the customer is just a number, I know because I've been there myself, but it is equally frustrating for the vendor. There are a lot of sleepless nights trying to figure out how to fix all the little details that de-rail your day. I have no interest in Harp Depot in any way (in fact, we are competitors) other than I know how it feels to be overwhelmed from time to time......I know that you have tried calling and emailing them with no success, but just keep trying.

As for shipping charges, some companies employ people who's sole priority is shipping. That may be some of the reasons for the higher shipping charges, but some of what people refer to is "shipping & handling" charges. I DO agree that shipping a 4 oz. harp to Canada for $25.00 is excessive. I just checked the USPS postal rates for shipping to Canada, there are several choices and it appears that the highest is $23.25 (Int'l Express) and the cheapest is $4.66 (Int'l First-Class) and the difference reflects the delivery times. I'm not letting a "trade secret" out, anyone who can use a computer can find out the rates. There are some supplies that does add to the cost of doing business, but the USPS will supply you with some of it FREE......just ask. Heck, they've even made the Prioriy boxes available for international use now too...... Before, someone starts a linching party about this, please understand that I do have a reason for this long winded response......US as vendors would not purchase or tolerate the exagerated shipping costs from the folks we buy from......if Hohner or Suzuki or whoever tried that with us, would we sit still for that???? I understand that the retail price for this gear is VERY competitive.....VERY......and when you widdle the sales price of an item down to where you don't have a profit, you have to make it up somewhere and shipping rates seem to be the way these days. When you sell an item for nearly cost, there's nothing left for the "company" and for the owners of the company to feed his/her family with. There are alway two sides to every story......so please just take a moment and try to see both sides.......

Sorry to hi-jack the tread and my very long winded rant, but I just wanted to pat Rupert on the back for his very hard work and let folks know that we as the owner/operators of this stuff, it is equally frustrating for us in hopes that with some patience and understanding everyone will benifit......Thanks.........Jeff

-- Jeffrey Spoor Owner/Maker 317-363-9431 Cumberland Custom Cases www.cumberlandcustomcases.com