[Harp-L] Projection

     I totally agree with Bonfiglio. I have students
with minimal musicianship that can get really nice
sounds on the chrome playing melody that struggle with
the nuances of note-bending on the diatonic. I think
those that think the chrome sounds mechanical are
projecting their own frustration of not having "gotten
over the hump" of developing some facility on the axe.
I've told this story before but it is funny: the guy
whose diatonic I borrowed 40 yrs. starting me on this
path bought a 270 and the same day, when he couldn't
play it, threw it out the window of his car ! I
encountered that same frustration when I first tried
it as well . The diatonic seemed so natural to me I
just didn't sound like Stevie on chromatic and it
seemed like an impossible goal at the time.
    But like Robert says : do the work ! It becomes
play. Then it becomes transcendent. Reach for the
stars babies !

                   Chris

Chris "Hammer" Smith
Hammer Smith Band