[Harp-L] Re: RE- Coltrain miracle

I just meant that Larry Adler could play piano and harp together.   He played
some fairly difficult pieces on piano/harp. And that while not commonplace,
playing two instruments simultaneously is not all that unusual. Adler didn't
play Coltrain that I know of.

Granted, playing Coltrain on guitar and piano   is more difficult than
playing Coltrain on one instrument. But if one can play Coltrain (I don't)   on both
instruments separately one ought to be able to pull it off with some work.

The point is not Coltrane -- just that other people have played chrome and
piano together.

I think there are probably several guitarists-harmonica players on thr Harp
List who could do this. I can think of three or four that I have seen over the
years at workshops/seminars.   And if I know that many -- and I'm not very
well connected -- there are probably lots more I never heard of.

Lots of people play intricate stuff with rack harmonica and guitar. The
hands-free chromatic harmonica makes it easier to play the guitar and
strum/pick/fingerpick the guitar instead of tapping like this guy.

I think everybody who plays harmonica should play a second instrument. It
makes them a better harmonica player. And if they want to play both together;
more power to them. Wouldn't you agree?

Hope this clears up the matter.

Phil

In a message dated 4/1/08 4:03:25 PM, randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> hi phil
>

> I am not aware of larry adler playing this solo
>

> Can you provide a link to this?
>

> thanks

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL
Home.
      (http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&
ncid=aolhom00030000000001)