Re: [Harp-L] Current Hohner reeds

Had a question come up about what reeds I was talking about below and just want to make it clear I was talking about the new Marine Bands.

----- Original Message ----
From: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 2, 2008 12:45:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Current Hohner reeds

Jeff, I don't know if this helps you any, but I can't get them to take an adjustment. I'll set one up, play it for a while, come back later and the gaps are helter skelter, usually one is way wide. After you emboss, arc, etc., there is so little difference between what you started with and what you end with, it is not worth all the work involved. On overblows, I'm not a good overblower, but about half the new ones I have, the reed catches in the slot as you try to overblow it, that's more of a reedplate issue than reed issue. They seem to be OK stock.
At least that's my experience.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas