Re: [Harp-L] New Blog: Blues Harp Amps

Frank Evers <frank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I felt exactly the same when reading there, thank you much for your
comment.

same here. even worse, his responses to some pretty gentle and reasonable comments were defensive and hostile. no thanks.

I'd like to add, that i own one of those products myself. Three
harpists usually have four different opinions how an amp should sound
and what it should provide. However everybody who heard my amp so far
was impressed by it's sound, rich tone, punch, bottom end, even if it
wasn't that kind of flavor they were going themselves for.

that was the worst part of this "review". the other posts were all full of information, technical detail, careful analysis. this one wasn't a review, but a rant, along the lines of "this amp sucks, and the builder is a jerk". even ignoring the nastiness, it contained no useful information.

certainly turned me off.

-- Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West