[Harp-L] Newbie to Irish Music

Hi Todd,
I am a bit of a 71 yr. old newbie myself.
I see that Steve Shaw has already responded to you and his website is as
good a place as any to start. His CD is also a bargain and you should be
able to pick up a tune or two by listening to it.
If you can read music or aspire to do so "O'Neill's 1001 Irish Tunes" will
give you enough Jigs, Reels and Hornpipes to keep you going for a lifetime.
Other "Must have" CDs are:
Brendan Power's "New Irish Harmonica"
The Murphy Family's "Trip to Cullenstown"
Mick Kinsella's "Harmonica"
The mouth  organ is still a minority instrument as far as Irish Traditional
Music is concerned, but more people are becoming aware of it's
possibilities.
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana