RE: [Harp-L] 12th pos. National Anthem

I love Richard's version of the National Anthem! While I don't play it nearly as well, I do play it frequently at my high school's [I'm a teacher]  football and basketball games, and I can play it with feeling, accuracy, and authority...my point is to say that when I play it on diatonic, I also play it on a country-tuned harp,  in 1st position. Really works well that way.  I prefer to avoid bending or overblowing on a tune like the National Anthem; even if I get the intonation right, I just don't care for the timbre of bent or overblown notes IN THAT CONTEXT---gotta be clear about that :-)

Anyway, I always feel honored to play the Anthem, and it's always a thrill to hear folks say they didn't know a harmonica could do that! Enjoy your performance!!
WVa Bob
hthttp://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008