Re: [Harp-L] What do you want to be called?

That's true Bill. Even I go by the handle Dapper Dan the Axeman those names were given to me. I didn't make them up. I got the Dapper Dan from a college friend and the Axeman I got from a friend here in Columbus. I thought they sounded pretty good and stuck them together. I would hope that people who hear me play would call me "good", entertaining and soulful. I figure that's enough to work on to live up to. Dan Axt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Rossoll" <billrossoll@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 11:10 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] What do you want to be called?

Nicknames are kinda funny critters, ya know?
You can't pick 'em, they pick you.
Had a kid in my neighborhood growing up who had an unusually large head and red hair.
We called him "Punkin Head"
Another kid was called "Pine Cone" but I never did know why.
He didn't smell funny as far as I recall.
My Dad's name is Bill and so is mine.
So, when people would call the house they would either ask for Big Bill Or Little Bill.
Likewise with Bill and Billy.
Oh sure, I know this is a departure from the original topic but ----HEY!----What do you expect from a kid named Little Bill?